CITY OF DAVID - PART 2

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So, it is with everyone born of the Spirit." - John 3:8

The unpredictable nature of the wind mirrors the sovereignty of God's Spirit that moves across the lives of believers. 

To access the City of David, we must encounter these blowing winds from heaven as they are meant to reveal everything that is out-of-alignment with God. We are to embrace this unknown path by trusting The Spirit of God. 

Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it” (Luke 11:28).

This unknown path revealed by these blowing winds [Holy Spirit] may land us into unfamiliar territory.

Everything depends upon the Holy Spirit. There's no vital relationship with God apart from the Holy Spirit; no living Christian experience apart from the Holy Spirit; no knowledge or understanding of Divine things apart from the Holy Spirit; no fruitfulness in life or service apart from the Holy Spirit; no transformation into the likeness of Christ apart from the Holy Spirit.”The Way of The  Holy Spirit, T. Austin Sparks

If we look to the prophetic visions of Daniel, the Four Winds of Heaven churn up the great sea from which emerge four beasts that will rise and fall before the millennial reign of Christ. 

Daniel’s vision symbolizes the divine instigation of events, the stirring up and the coming of God’s judgment upon earthly powers that refuse to submit to the Kingdom of God. Daniel 7:1-8

Each believer who is confident in their love for Jesus leans into these winds with a knowing that God has divinely orchestrated them.

If the Holy Spirit does one thing with those who He gets a hold of…. those willingly and obediently leaning into the His Winds….He brings them to weakness by undercutting all their self-sufficiency, their self-importance, their self-resourcefulness. 

When you meet a truly Holy Spirit possessed man or woman, you meet one who has no strength in themselves, no confidence in themselves, but a sincere confidence in God and what’s he doing in their life. These individuals might even appear foolish because they have emptied themselves completely. Yes, that's the way of the Spirit. 🕊️

These individuals have found the City of David. They reside in the spiritual City by being completely possessed by the Holy Spirit.

In my experience, it is when I Trust Him that the shifting takes place and His forcing winds begin to blow suddenly and unexpectedly. 

For example, today after washing windows, I sat down to rest and the air around me changed. I allow my mind to draw near to God’s heart. I cannot control the voice of God or how it comes, but there is a stillness that comes to settle me and bids me to be quiet. 

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” –Isaiah 30:21

I listen and what I hear almost comes from the center of my being—the answer, the revelation, the instruction, it is sealed in this place inside of me. I can’t describe it, but it can only be accessed without hesitation and when I say yes Father. It is the most incredible sense of knowing and peace. I cannot control these divine moments or how God comes, but I can control my readiness to listen and quickness to respond. He is the all consuming flame captivating every fiber within me.

I am given a picture within my mind of an eagle, ox, bear and lion representing the four kingdoms mentioned in Daniel 7:1-8.

It’s a glimpse of His Divine Presence within these four kingdoms and my heart flows with pure devotion. 

I am shown The Lord as the Lion and the lamb a perfected beauty. I grow weak in awe .. 

Then a second picture is formed and as I draw near to the revelation for which I am being guided, I am led to the Book of Revelation. John also describes the beasts that Daniel described and a vision of the heavenly city, New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God. I see Jesus coming to prepare a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21.

John mentions the shape of the heavenly city: The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth . . . Its length, breadth, and height are equal.”  Like the Holy of Holies, it thus has four corners at its base. And he heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will dwell with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God. ‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Jesus spoke of it Himself: These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens.” (Revelation 3:7) Jesus is the one with the keys of Hades and of Death (Revelation 1:18), who has all authority both in heaven and on earth. Jesus delegates this authority as it pleases Him (Matthew 16:19).

It becomes obvious that the Word – the Designer of everything, who sits upon the cherubim, and in above all things, has revealed the true Gospel – we are given the true Gospel under four aspects, but bound together by one Spirit.  

As sudden as this divine inspiration begins, it ends. I am forever changed by each encounter with the Spirit of God. 

A new found truth is given because I prepared my heart and was eager to receive what The Father had to say by His Spirit. 

I am now driven to investigate what was given. I begin searching the scriptures and I find Psalm 80:1. David says when asking for God to manifest His presence, You who dwell between the cherubim, shine forth!  For the cherubim were four-faced, and their faces represented how the Son of God was revealed.  

For it says, The first living creature was like a lion,’ symbolizing His effective working, His leadership, and royal authority.  The second was like a calf [ox], symbolizing His sacrificial and priestly role.  The third had, as it were, the face of a man [bear],’ which clearly describes his coming as a human being.  The fourth was like a flying eagle, indicating the gift of the Spirit hovering with His wings over the believer.” 

There is a difference between being baptized in the Holy Spirit and being born of the Spirit. It is only when the work of the Holy Spirit is complete, and the old man is totally destroyed that we will are truly born of the Spirit. 

The New Testament teaches that when a person is hit by his own sense of need, God will put the Holy Spirit into his spirit, and his personal spirit will be energized by the Spirit of the Son of God —“… until Christ is formed in you” Galatians 4:19. 

This is to say, when we finally reach the end of ourself and realize our own limitations, then Jesus says, “Blessed are you,” Matthew 5:11. But each of us must get to that point. God cannot put into me, the nature that was in Jesus Christ, unless I am aware of my need for it. Romans 6

When we are born of the Spirit, the Spirit will have complete and total control of our life. Then we, as Jesus, will say, "I only do what I see the Father doing, and I only speak what I hear the Father, saying.

If we are to enter into the Kingdom of God, and live in the City of David, and experience the Spirit of God, we must be born of water and the Spirit. 

Ask yourself …. Are you like Nicodemus, only have a carnal understanding of the words of Jesus?

I believe we live in a society believing they carry the spirit of God but their actions and words say otherwise.

Jesus went on to explain to Nicodemus:That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:6 

If we are claiming to be born again but have not yet been born of water, failing to deal with the old man nature then we are still servants of our flesh. 

Jesus proclaimed, "That which is born of the Spirit is spirit." Jesus explains what happens to those who are born of the Spirit: 

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." John 3:8 

When we are born of the Spirit, we become like the wind because we become part of the wind. God can move us by His Spirit. The people will not know where we come from, nor where we are going because the worldly-man will have lost all hold on our life.This is the preparation for a temple in Christ, and to access the New Jerusalem, 

The word Jerusalem means, “the city of peace”. In order to live a life of peace and to enter the City of Jerusalem spoken of in John’s vision —there is a key

I find myself in awe of this revelation. Too often we get the whole thing backward. When God gives us a word, our finite minds begin to translate what His infinite message could mean. The trouble is, when our theories don’t work out, we start to doubt whether we heard from God.

As we reject what the world says and adjust our thinking, the Spirit of God will show us a new way of looking at life. 

Never underestimate the seemingly meaningless activities of God in your life. Don’t think that just because things don’t look as you expected, God is not at work leading you into His perfect will. Don’t waste a single minute worrying about the results or wishing your life looked like someone else’s. It’s the enemy’s voice that fills your mind with thoughts of “what if” and “it only.

A believer is sealed {approximately 3 1/2 years] after a divinely orchestrated restraining of the winds which symbolizes a divine pause but lasts another 3 1/2 years before the unfolding of catastrophic end-time events, ensuring that God’s people are preserved through the tribulations of the last days.

I believe every believer will endure tribulation until the 4 kingdoms arise….these kingdoms are within the sea of every single believer! God is simply looking for those who will daily engage with Him through His Spirit (John 4:22–24).

Come Jesus Come, let us live in your divine love which is key to the New Jerusalem while living on earth! P. S. Jesus is the Key of David!

Words by 🦋Angela 


🕊️R E F L E C T I O N🌷

Dear friends, God wants to pull us so close it will feel as if we are breathing the very air of heaven. Respond to Him, and He will respond to you. 

Will you take time right now to be still and know He is God (Psalm 46:10) (John 13:23–24)? After all, how will we ever know what God is saying if we don’t listen?  

Close your eyes, slow your breathing and visual sitting on a bench with Jesus. Lay your head on his shoulder lean in, wait ….listen to His heart and wait for Him to speak to you.

Prayer: Father God, you’re faithful in all you do. More often than I want to admit, I am overwhelmed with all the noise of my everyday life. Show me how to silence the noise. I need help to Quiet my soul so I can turn into Your Winds. I want to grow in intimacy with you. I want to clearly hear Your Voice.  

Please Father Speak to me; I am waiting for You. Reveal and remove any false beliefs I may be carrying about hearing Your voice. Awaken my ears to listen and hear when You speak. Help me to know all the ways in which You communicate with me, so we may develop a special language we can share.

Please remind me how much you love me so I can learn to think, move, speak and act as one with you! I pray in the precious Name of Jesus, Amen.


Write down anything He communicates to you. 

Read the following verses, write down what you hear as you read them?

God speaks through His creation 1 Kings 19:12 
God speaks through prayer Romans 1:20 
God speaks through dreams and visions Psalm 118:5 
God speaks through a soft whisper Amos 4:13 
God speaks through our thoughts Joel 2:28


I like to listen to music too to stir my spirit. Praise and worship of our God moves mountains.

A link to Leann Crawford - Psalm 23

https://youtu.be/WW0VJxPqeRc?si=O6GFY2cJmxM8zVCT 

Comments

Popular Posts